Although we do understand that not all parents might not want to make electronic payments, Fisher More is working towards a totally cashless school. Many parents do prefer to pay in this way and so we have installed a system called ParentPay to provide this facility.
The main advantages of electronic payments are:
- It is a secure payment method and avoids the possibility of pupils losing their money on the way to school.
- There is less chance of pupils spending their dinner money on other things.
- There is less chance of bullying or theft as pupils will not have any cash on them.
- It can help families organise their budgets – payments can be made in advance for whatever amount parents wish to pay.
- By paying for lunches in this way, parents can be certain their child has access to a nutritionally balanced menu rather than their money being spent on sweets on the way to school.
- Where there is more than one child from a family in the school, it is an easy way to make one payment across several different accounts.
How the system works
Once a child has started at Fisher More, parents are issued with a unique number and log in details for the ParentPay system. This will allow the parent/carer to top up the pupil’s account from home.
The range of items which can be paid for are listed on the system, eg dinner money, music tuition or a school trip. Payers just need to ensure they tick the appropriate item so their payment is allocated correctly.
Refunds can be made by payers contacting the school either by phone or email; please ask for Mrs Fitzpatrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When making payments for school meals, please be aware that the ParentPay system synchronises with our cashless system once an hour, every hour between 8am and 2pm. As lunchtime is between 12.10pm and 1.50pm, this would mean that a payment made at 12.05 would not be available to the child until after 1pm.
It is important to note that ParentPay will only show the amount of money put on to a pupil’s account and not the running balance.
For registration details, please email Mrs Fitzpatrick (email@example.com) with your child’s name, form and date of birth.
Information for new starters at the school
All new Year 7 pupils will have their account created for them. Their unique pin number will be given to them on their first day and it is their responsibility to remember it and keep it safe from other pupils. A photo of the pupil will be attached to the account so that when the number is put into the pin pad at the till, staff will check the photo against the pupil in front of them. If there is a discrepancy then the account will not be used and the system will be searched manually to access the pupil’s correct account.
There is an automatic daily spend limit set on each account of £5. If you want to change this amount please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a pupil not having enough money to pay for their lunch the catering department will allow the pupil sandwich from the 'simple' range. This must be repaid the next day to Mrs Fitzpatrick in Main Reception. Filtered water is available free of charge to all students.
For help using ParentPay
Parents can either contact Mrs Fitzpatrick directly at the school or it is possible to email us via the ParentPay system. ParentPay also has a helpdesk for parents.