|Mr R Outhwaite||Subject Leader|
|Mr J Davidson||Teacher of Science|
|Mrs H Lord||Teacher of Science|
|Mrs J Thomson||Teacher of Science|
|Mrs E Thomasson||Teacher of Science|
|Mr Q Tahir||Teacher of Science|
|Mrs J Thomas||Senior Science Technician|
The Science Faculty aim to create lifelong learners who enjoy science and can use the skills and knowledge they learn to enrich their lives.
Students will develop:
Scientific knowledge in Biology, Chemistry and Physics which will help them to understand the world around them.
Scientific skills which will allow them to critically analyse and evaluate the information they are presented with.
Practical skills which will enable them to test theories in a controlled environment.
The Science curriculum at Fisher More will:
- Improve students’ understanding of key “Big Ideas” in science.
- Deliver the essential knowledge in chunked steps, making sure each is fully understood before moving on to the next.
- Identify gaps in understanding and make sure these are closed before students move on.
- Take into account all learners, particularly those most disadvantaged by the pandemic.
- Develop students’ understanding of practical skills and in interpreting, analysing and describing data.
- Promote both skills and knowledge to help students understand the world around them.
- Provide enrichment opportunities to increase students’ love of science and to educate them about the world of work.
- Allow opportunities for students to develop their cultural capital.
- Be adaptive for each individual lesson, by each individual teacher, who will consider the prior learning, SEND needs and abilities of all students.