|Mrs H Lord||Faculty Leader for Science and Technology|
|Mrs K Hindmarch||Subject Leader, Teacher of Food Technology|
|Mrs A Holmes||Teacher of Technology|
Technology is a well-supported and highly valued subject with a dedicated team consisting of two experienced and highly qualified staff.
We have high expectations of our pupils and aim to give them valuable experience in designing and making products that allow them to use a variety of modern and traditional production processes. Pupils use hand tools as well as CAD/CAM facilities. We aim to show pupils the value of Technology and how it plays a significant part in shaping our lives.
At KS3 pupils study design and technology for 3 hours per week on a carousel system working in Food Preparation and Nutrition, ICT and Graphics. Pupils work with a variety of materials to create a wide range of products.
- Year 7 - 2D design 'Drink Carton'
- Year 8 - Jon Burgerman Project
- Year 9 - Music festival promotion
- Year 7 - An introduction to food
- Year 8 - Healthy eating - Diet and Health
- Year 9 - Food preparation and nutrition (a foundation to the GCSE course)