Fisher More is proud of its primary/secondary transition programme. The school continues to be massively oversubscribed, we gain our intake from five main feeder Catholic schools plus approximately 30 additional primary schools within the local area. The transition programme is led by Mr Crabtree, Director of Progress for Years 6 and 7.
Fisher More believes that a strong transition programme based on excellent communication with all relevant stakeholders, (primary schools, parents, pupils) is essential if pupils are to enter our school fully prepared, happy and ready for all their bright colours to shine.
This programmer contains:
- Year 5 Taster Days
- Year 5 Parents' Information Evening
- Year 6 Transition Days
- Year 6 Parents' Information Evening
- Detailed exchange of pupil data
- Extensive meetings with primary colleagues
- Linked secondary/primary programmes of study
- Year 6 More Able curriculum projects
- Shared celebrations
- Departmental visits
- Shared extra-curricular events
- Intensive SEN involvement where appropriate
Should you require further information regarding transition please contact Mrs J Beechey, Pastoral Manager on 01282 865299