Travel and Closure Information
For parents and pupils when there are difficulties getting to and from school:
When it snows:
On rare occasions, particularly in winter, the weather can be so severe that getting to and from school becomes hazardous. Really bad weather is disruptive and can cause anxiety and stress.
Severe Overnight Weather:
If the school has to be closed a message will be read out on BBC Radio Lancashire on 103.9, 95.5, 104.5FM or their website www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/local_radio
Please also try 2 BR on 99.8 and 107.5FM www.2br.co.uk
All families will be contacted wherever possible by text message about school closures. It is vital we are provided with the correct mobile number – please notify us of any changes
PLEASE ASSUME THE SCHOOL IS OPEN IF THE RADIO DOES NOT ANNOUNCE OTHERWISE
When the weather is bad:
PLEASE DO NOT RING THE SCHOOL UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY
The school office is open from 8.30am until 4pm
If any pupils arrive at school unaware of the closure a member of staff will be here to help. Pupils will be able to phone their parents to decide whether they should return home or wait to be collected.
If the weather deteriorates during the day:
- The school will close only in extreme cases
- Any decision to close the school will be made by the Headteacher and other Senior Managers.
- All families will be notified by text message if the school is to close (it is vital that we are kept up to date with any changes in the primary contact number).
- The closure may be staggered
- Please avoid ringing the school to enquire if we are closing or to collect your children early. We need to keep the phone lines open to make any necessary arrangements and avoid further disruption to getting the pupils home. On these occasions pupils will be allowed to use their mobile phones to contact parents.
- We will consult with the bus companies before any decision to close the school is made. We will tell pupils if there are any changes to normal bus routes.
- Pupils who are usually collected from school will be allowed to contact home so that they can decide the best way to get home.
- School will be kept open with staff on hand until the last pupil has left.
The school bus service is not run by the school, it is run by Lancashire County Council.
Please contact the school travel-line on 0871 200 2233 or the number for the bus service below should your child’s bus be late or fails to turn up.
The school does not have any further information about the school buses so will be unable to answer your queries.
School Bus Contact Number – Bubble Travel 01282 835555
- Service 917 – from Barnoldswick via Salterforth & Foulridge
- Service 942 – from Fence to Higherford (to meet the smaller villages)
- Service 944 – from Barnoldswick via Salterforth, Earby & Kelbrook)
- Service 936 – from Laneshawbridge via Trawden, Park High School and Colne Primet Academy
- Service 934 – from Briercliffe Lane Bottom